1) In Phase II, 1 Coach may work in an area with 5 Athletes.
- All athletes must be screened
- Any athlete with COVID-19 symptoms may not participate
- Any Athlete with Symptoms must be free of these symptoms for 14 days
2) Coaches may work with individuals in general conditioning as well as sport specific skills and strategies.
- The WIAA extended this through August 16th. It usually ends on July 31st.
3) WIAA approved modified seasons for sports and WIAA District 8 and GSL refined the seasons even more.
- Season 1 – Alternate Season for Cross Country, Golf, Tennis, Slowpitch
i. GSL Schools will not participate in Season 1
- Season 2 – Winter Sports
i. December 28, 2020 – February 28, 2021
- Season 3 – Fall Sports
i. March 1, 2021 – May 2, 2021
ii. Football begins February 17
- Season 4 – Spring Sports
i. April 26, 2021 – June 27, 2021
4) Additionally, the WIAA is consulting with the Sports Medicine Advisory Committee to determine if participation in a previous season may count toward pre-contest required practices.
5) Whether or not we have sports will depend on which phase we fall in.
- At Phase 2 we cannot offer sports. We have been allowed to conduct small pod workouts.
- Phase 3 would allow us to offer cross country, golf and tennis.
- Phase 4 would allow us to offer most other sports.
i. Football and Wrestling would still be excluded from Phase 4 unless state public health officials determine that we would be safe offering these sports that require close proximity of competitors